We’re seeking an Assistant to the President!
Our team is seeking a highly-motivated person who wants to learn and gain experience in management, fundraising, marketing and communications for an international charity for children. In addition, the charity runs a full service health clinic, which you will gain significant experience managing and running alongside the health team.
You will work directly with our president learning all that is required to manage the charity and clinic while conducting actual field work in the mountains of Western Honduras. You’ll coordinate visiting volunteers and healthcare teams and help PFC grow its social media and online presence.
- Applicant will need to pay their own round-trip travel expenses to Honduras.
- Valid passport.
- Minimum 3 month commitment, 6 to 12 month commitments will be given preference.
- Handle administrative needs of the president
- Arrange conference calls and meetings
- Plan work-related travel details
- Receive visitors
- Train and supervise lower-level clerical staff
- Maintain and order supplies
- Maintain constant contact with our donor base
- Boost social media presence
- Develop fundraising strategies with board members and senior staff
Have other ideas on how your skills can help our organization thrive? Include them in your expression of interest!
- Previous experience as an executive secretary, administrative assistant, or in other related fields
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest and/or a background in public health or international nonprofit management
- Written and oral Spanish skills a HUGE plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in health, human services or related strongly preferred
To apply, send a brief (no more than 1 page) expression of interest e-mail and your resume to Rodger.Harrison@ParamedicsForChildren.Org